The Territory Services Manager (“TSM”) is a leadership position within the Customer Support & Maintenance (“CSM”) organization. The TSM is responsible for the profitable delivery and operational excellence of the CSM business, mainly Field Labor and Training, but could include Plant Services, Strategic Maintenance and Remote Support businesses in assigned territory.
It has a combined responsibility for small project field delivery, emergency call out, embedded engineers, Tech Support and the coordination of delivering training to drive business results. The position leads the development and execution of business strategy and initiatives through a team of field technical support, project resources, field engineers, professionals, alliances resources, administrative personnel, and other resources as required.
1. Responsible for managing the Field Labor financials.
2. Responsible for developing and implementing business plans for Field labor.
3. Provides commercial support in securing any Field Labor business.
4. Responsible for deployment of Field Serve Engineers for projects.
5. Serve as a project manager on complex systems.
6. Is a primary escalation point for issues related to field labor.
7. Coaches and gives guidance to FSE's, Proposal Leads and Project Admins.
8. Coaches and gives guidance to AMP's and Trainers (when circumstances dictate).
9. Provides commercial support in securing any Field Labor business.
10. Provides forecasting information for Field Labor/Training business.
11. Develops and justifies all resource planning for Field Labor.
12. Provides input for generating and pricing proposals.
13. Is knowledgeable on FTS.
14. Manages the utilization of all FSE's.
15. Ensures processes for setting training schedules are in place.
16. Is escalation point for issues related to Training and Technical Support (Tech Connect).
Four year degree or equivalent years of experience.
Minimum two years management experience.
Developing supervisory expertise. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve variety of issues.
Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Competencies & Skills
1. Contributes Professional & Technical Expertise
2. Collaborates & Teams Effectively
3. Attains Results
4. Drives Productivity
5. Demonstrates Business & Financial Acumen
6. Creates Focus & Motivates Others
7. Develops People & Teams
Rockwell Automation - 21 months ago
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more...