SUMMARY: The incumbent will assist in providing access to services provided at the hospital and/or clinic. Knowledge of all tasks performed in the various Patient Access Service areas is necessary to provide optimum internal and external customer satisfaction and provide the opportunity for accurate reimbursement. This position is primarily responsible for the registration information for the patient visit, obtaining patient demographic and third party information with a high degree of accuracy. This position also requires timely completion, preparation, and deployment of legal, ethical and compliance related documents that must be presented and thoroughly explained to the patient at the time of registration. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining knowledge of JCAHO, Patient Rights and Responsibilities, HIPAA, HMO’s, PPO’s, Commercial Payors, and departmental/System policies and procedures. This position does not provide patient care, but may be performed in a patient care area. |
QUALIFICATIONS: Registration is a twenty-four (24) hour seven (7) day a week operation functioning as the nucleus of accurate patient information, with direct public interface and timely service, therefore, the Patient Access Specialist must be detail oriented, personable, calm, flexible, honest, and capable of handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers required.
· Strong interpersonal communication, documentation and customer service skills required.
· 1-2 years of Hospital admissions or physicians office experience required or 1-2 years professional work experience required.
· Medical terminology preferred.
· Knowledge of health care insurance and managed care preferred.
· CPR- required.
Cook Children's Health Care System
- 2 years ago - save job
Cook Children's Health Care System is a not-for-profit, nationally recognized pediatric health care organization comprised of eight entities...