Skills: Completion of high school or equivalent andtrade or vocational school in licensed practical nursing. Current New Mexico LPN license or Graduate Practical Nurse Permit required ,and current CPR certification required. Less than one year experience in ambulatory setting.
Primary Job Functions
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments, as ordered by Medical Provider/Standard of Care Protocol.
- Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
- Provides instructions and information, both written and verbal per Education Protocol; documents appropriately.
- Performs visit planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
- Performs laboratory testing and assigned quality checks; documents appropriately.
- Documents on medical record within scope of practice.
- Assists in screening of patients, in collaboration with Care Manager.
- Performs patient preparation/rooming patients, as directed by visit plan.
- Interacts effectively with patients, families and other staff.
- Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality assuranceprograms;and safety, environment and infection control standards.
- Completes required organizational and clinical competencies within the required time frame.
- Performs other functions as required