Job Summary: |
Coordinates trauma services for assigned Franciscan Health System (FHS) hospitals in accordance with established standards, practices and regulatory requirements. An incumbent ensures that all state requirements are met, and provides consultation to health care providers in the care of trauma patients. Work also includes: 1) assisting in the assessment of staff educational needs and the development/implementation of training for trauma providers; and 2) developing policies/procedures to ensure trauma service meets regulatory and/or designation requirements.
Incumbents are also accountable for; interpreting clinical data and reviewing patient care in relation to legal standards of care; working in a collaborative fashion with a variety of healthcare providers to provide training and consultative services in the care of trauma patients; and keeping abreast of changes in coding protocols and regulatory changes impacting the Trauma Registry.
Coordinates and evaluates the resources, services and activities necessary to ensure that the trauma service(s) at the assigned sites meet regulatory and/or designation requirements. Â
· Develops and reviews policies, procedures and protocols in relation to the care of trauma patients to ensure compliance with applicable standards and requirements. Â
· Consults with trauma care practitioners in the care of trauma patients; participates in problem-solving processes to address and resolve related issues.
Coordinates the trauma quality improvement program (in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director) by monitoring the quality/appropriateness of care. Â
· Assists in the development, implementation, and assessment of quality assurance and improvement activities related to the trauma system. Â
· Coordinates trauma registry activities, including data collection, data analysis, compliance monitoring, and reporting. Â
· Participates in the development and monitoring of trauma clinical indicators. Â
· Coordinates the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of a quality management plan for the overall trauma system. Â
· Consults with all departments within participating hospitals to promote problem solving of professional practice issues, professional role development of staff, and QA/I activities. Â
· Presents data and analysis to Trauma Medical Director, Trauma Committee, Tacoma Trauma Trust and other local, regional, or state entities as appropriate.
Assists in the assessment/development/implementation/evaluation of staff educational needs relating to trauma care. Â
· Coordinates and collaborates on nursing education activities necessary to meet state designation requirements and/or needs of the trauma system. Â
· Teaches programs and/or providers in-service education for trauma care providers. Â
· Works cooperatively with other hospital departments to coordinate educational opportunities in trauma care. Â
· Participates in community education programs.
Oversees the input of data into the Trauma Registry in accordance with designation requirements and prepares reports/presents findings at multi-disciplinary meetings. Â
· Generates periodic standard and customized statistical reports for the review/analysis of the trauma committees, the Regional Trauma Coordinator, and other relevant committees or staff. Â
· Abstracts pertinent data elements through chart review. Â
· Identifies patients for inclusion based on state inclusion criteria. Â
· Oversees the submission of data to the Washington State Department of Health.
Performs related duties as required.
Bachelorâs degree in nursing.
Four years of recent related work experience that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities, preferably in an acute care hospital in Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Nursing Commission.
- Current BLS Certification.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers CB\
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Job Nursing - RN
Primary Location WA-Federal Way-St Francis Hospital
* Shift Full Time
* Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
* Weekends Required None
* Status Full Time
NWJobs - 9 months ago
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...