Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Project Engineering
Job Title :
Project Engineer V
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline or the sciences from a four -year accredited college or university.
• 7+ years of experience required.
• Experience in the Arctic region
• Experience with Oil and Gas projects
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
• Professional Engineer License preferred.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking a Project Engineer V to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
• Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity.
• Comprehensive understanding of a specific discipline and has basic understanding of other disciplines.
• May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope with a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the methods of business development and able to lead the preparation of proposals.
• Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Reviews and advises on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s material costs and of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s equipment and material lists, and has the ability to instruct others in understanding their use and requirements.
• Maximizes the integration of all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 14 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...