Manages the materials management function, staff and provides supply chain management support for the facility to ensure optimum utilization of the materials management program and systems. Coordinates all purchasing for hospital as well as other specialty supply locations inventories including stock items and non-stock items in compliance with departmental and Intermountain policies.
This position has facility responsibility and accountability. This position deals with all information technology tools. The incumbent is a member of the Materials Management Strategic Planning Team, which determines overall Materials Management direction.
1. Accountable to standardize processes and provide strategic direction in a proper, effective and efficient way utilizing the staff and current MM tools. Assures that standardized processes, i.e., Inventory, Distribution, Receiving are proper and per policy.
2. Monitors surplus equipment and helps ensure that the CTM process is followed.
3. Responsible for selection and training of staff. Conducts performance appraisals and corrective action. Facilitates regular and effective team meetings / huddles and helps ensure that department goals are met.
4. Exemplifies and fosters an environment of professionalism and employee engagement in the department. Responsible for creating an effective department culture which ensures an engaged workforce. Mentors and coaches staff and values and recognizes employee input. Facilitates and encourages staff development and competence.
5. Effectively manages the MM responsibility for JCAHO compliance.
6. Responsible for inventory management within facility, cycle counts, annual physical inventory, asset locations on MMIS, etc. Responsible for inventory management, contract compliance and standardized programs for cost management. Participates in the capital budget process and helps maintain the department operational budget. Meets all standard safety and storage requirements.
7. Oversees the ordering of supplies for the facility. This includes involvement of educating and orienting departments in how purchase orders are processed and providing support in preparing them for payment.
8. Responsible to keep on hand adequate supplies and to monitor use of supplies to control waste.
9. Oversees the requisitioning of supplies when re-order point is reached.
10. Proactively works to develop and implement system-wide best practices, tools and methodologies and works to expand supply chain involvement into other asset inventory and high dollar consumption areas outside Materials Management.
Min imum Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree. (Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.) OR Five years professional experience in an inventory management and purchasing environment
- Two years leadership experience
- Experience in a role requiring skills in the fundamentals of planning, organizing, and team building
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to teach and train others
- Intermediate level using word processing, spreadsheet, databases and presentations software
- Carrying, Hearing / Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling / Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing, Walking
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...