The Culinary Manager is a hands-on position with responsibility for all restaurant-related functions, systems and processes. You will perform operational duties, supervise teammates’ activities, work with vendors and ensure the integrity of the restaurant. Your active involvement will be in achieving outstanding guest service, build sales and provide sound cost controls so they will result in timely, consistent, and superior performance to your restaurant and your guests. In addition to your operational duties, you will support various human resource related functions including coaching, development, leadership, and direction. We look to you to be the positive role model for your team and to supervise and coordinate duties by handling staffing needs, vendor relations, training, food safety and high food standards.
This person will report directly to the Restaurant Manager.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· Ensures food quality, freshness and presentation at all times.
· Responsible for supervision of food preparation and line, ensuring all menu items meet Mimi’s Café high food standards.
· Performs line temperature check with management team on a daily basis
· Monitors the products received and inform management team and RCS of any quality problems.
· Ensures purchasing, sanitation and safety of food is met at all times.
· Facilitate the hiring, training and development of team members while supporting the organization in achieving its goals and objectives by ensuring compliance in its management policies and practices.
· Average food cost must meet or exceed company average.
· Average kitchen labor cost must meet or exceed company average.
· In conjunction with Management team, hire/transfers/promotes kitchen staff, lead cooks, assistant kitchen managers.
· The goal is to provide the best fit between both the needs of the restaurant and the individual.
· Provide supervision, support and training required to maximize the performance of Team Members to achieve Company objectives.
· Conducts effective training of all kitchen staff on new menu items and current menu items.
· Must identify, develop, and train current employees for future kitchen lead positions.
· Provides written performance feedback to all of the kitchen staff.
· Set the example for all Team Members with regards to attention to Company Standards.
· Current or prior Culinary Manager experience required
· Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
· Good communication skills, strong leadership skills, strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· Exceptional team building capability
· Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
· Basic personal computer literacy (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel, AS400)
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
· This position is a flexible schedule requiring you to work rotating shifts.