This position is in the Energetics and Propulsion Department of the Mechanical Subsystems Directorate.
Apply or develop highly advanced technical technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to the systems integration of propulsion, thrusters, controllers, software, mechanical and electrical interfaces for integration into missile systems and space vehicles.
Position will involve both development and production programs across Missile Systems Product Lines.
Review manufacturing processes and problem resolution as well as working directly with subcontractors on the design and manufacturing of propulsion systems, especially solid rocket motors.
Will work in a collaborative environment with program management in long-range program planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements and be a key spokesperson on program’s technical capabilities and future directions.
Manage propulsion system development projects and propulsion subcontracts; review and disposition subcontract data and change requests; and oversee supplier operations.
Develop and deliver technical presentations to management and government agencies.
Frequently interface with the Customer to identify user needs.
May be instrumental in obtaining new company business and act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational missile programs.
Will travel extensively to Raytheon, government and subcontractor facilities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ten years experience in propulsive technology and its application to solid, liquid, and mono propellant propulsion systems
- Systems knowledge to assure full development of propulsion requirements and dissemination and flow down to subcomponent levels
- Demonstrated success as a proposal/cost account manager as well as project/team leader
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead collaborative efforts with other technical disciplines including structural, thermal, aerodynamics and low observables
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a DoD issued Secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science General, Aerospace, Design, Mechanical or Systems Engineering; Applied or Engineering Physics
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Fifteen years of directly related experience
- Specific experience in the development of solid, liquid, and mono propellant propulsion systems from conceptual design through final test / assembly
- Project engineering skills and experience using Earned Value Management System, knowledge of ProENGINEER modeling tool and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- An advanced technical degree
Key Responsibilities (essential
Develop, deploy, and maintain Technology and Product roadmaps for propulsion systems in support of RMS’s strategic products.
Develop, deploy, and maintain design processes for
solid, liquid, and mono propellant propulsion systems
that integrate the appropriate functional elements within engineering external to the department.
Develop innovative propulsion technologies, products, and strategies for weapons systems development.
Plan, direct, and ensure appropriate leadership for Propulsion Systems development and support tasks for Programs and Products
Ensure technical rigor and depth of all deliverables
Develop project leads and opportunities
Provide counsel and mentoring for more junior members of the department
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems
- 2010 sales: $5.7 billion
- 12,400 employees
- Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
- World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
- More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
- Broad weapons portfolio
- Smart munitions
- Kinetic kill vehicles
- Directed energy weapons
- Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
- Strong commitment to the global marketplace
Raytheon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...