The Administrator, Records and Systems is responsible for ensuring that the College is in compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Education guidelines regarding non-credit courses. The Administrator is responsible for student non-credit section records as they relate to GPA maintenance; oversight of section attendance; section evaluations, and section sign-in sheets. The Administrator acts as a liaison to various departments within the College and oversees Banner system updates regarding non-credit courses, and serves as a back-up for the Academic Schedulers.
- Check for Department of Education compliance on sections requested for scheduling and or maintenance; create and approve new courses as requested in Banner.
- Prepare reports to support non-credit catalog issues and/or errors for correction; oversee the non-credit attendance process and the section evaluation process.
- Research non-credit student accounts and grades as they relate to non-credit programs, GPA maintenance, enrollment and parallel programs.
- Coordinate the non-credit team, team agendas and outcomes, systems changes and Banner modifications surrounding non-credit courses.
- Train new employees on Banner non-credit course scheduling, maintenance and Dept. of Education regulations.
- Assign security once training assessments are complete.
- Produce BRIO reports ad hoc for various constituents and Divisions upon request including enrollment, section management, head count, and scheduling, among others.
- Oversee the processing of registrations, drop/adds and tuition payment.
- Assist in answering inquiries from students and College personnel regarding status of courses, projects, enrollment or College policies and procedures regarding off-campus credit and non-credit activities.
- Responsible for the master scheduling of courses with a strong concentration in non-credit.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Budget and Research, manage the processing of courses, class lists and grades for courses offered by the Division.
- Work with the Assistant Dean to coordinate billing procedures for all Divisional activities.
- Serve as the liaison between offices within the College (e.g. Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Bursar, ITS ) to identify issues and recommend improvements in systems and operations.
- Verify non-credit courses to ensure State compliance of Chapter 335. Alert Deans to potential problem courses/programs.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information system required.
Ability to produce reports utilizing enterprise-wide software report writing required.
Strong technical skills including computer skills with the ability to utilize MS Word and Excel tools required.
Strong customer-service philosophy and skills required.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in managing employee information required.
Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making assessments for decisions required.
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
Ability to work independently required.
Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
Strong attention to detail required.
Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
Three (3) years experience working in a Higher Education environment with supervisory experience preferred.
SCT Banner experience preferred.
BRIO report writing experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will commence on February 27, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Interested persons should complete and online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED .
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL .
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
Community College of Philadelphia - 10 months ago