Job Title: Systems Analyst - Administrative Services
Location: New Castle, DE
Systems Analyst for Administrative Services Project Team
Job responsibilities include: devising, designing, and driving business process innovation with a focus upon multi-department level processes through leveraging existing or new information technology. Works as part of the Information Technology team to implement applications and resolve application problems and support operations of assigned software.
Job Requirements include:
Identify management requirements and operating problems, and define alterna¬tives and the recommended solution in terms of management information needs. The Systems Analyst uses current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and insures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of CCHS. The Systems Analyst also acts as an internal consultant to management in disciplines and techniques such as patient management, patient accounting, payroll, ancillary and physicians systems and many other areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration, or experience consistent with the Application Analyst job responsibilities.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in implementing and supporting information systems.
- Able to create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts that provide clear understanding of requirements, solutions and processes.
- Knowledge of project management techniques used during the assessing, initiating, planning, executing and closing phases of projects.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly with manager and staff
- Candidate will need understanding of Information of current computer, telecommunication, network protocols, operating systems, standards and other information technology tools and IT concepts, including Healthcare related applications
- Candidate will need strong problem solving skills and able to acquire a working knowledge of departmental operations and new technology.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilize business knowledge to identify areas of systems improvement opportunity in order to submit proposals for studies that lead to systems improvements when implemented.
Plan basic approach and method of analysis in order to pre-determine limits of problem and establish course of study and timing.
Conduct assigned studies, applying systems analysis methods and techniques in order to identify where and how cost and time-effective improvements can be made or, as necessitated by internal or external regulations. Document and present conclusions, proposed solution and associated costs in "Solution-in-Principle" in order to gain user approval to proceed.
Develop and document system design specifics in a "Solution-in-Detail" to assure understanding and to gain agreement by user of specific system inputs, outputs and costs.
Conduct walk-through meetings with Programmers. Develop programming specifications in sufficient detail to minimize questions from Programmers, while fully utilizing technical support from DBAs, Systems Programmers, and Senior Programmer/Analysts.
Maintain effective user relationships in order to provide a climate receptive to systems improvement and to enhance understanding of the users business concerns. Participate on user project teams, audit installed system for conformance to objectives and make applicable changes, conduct additional training, and clarify procedures to assure full user satisfaction.
Maintain self-motivation to learn and apply current technical knowledge and to understand CCHS functions.
Provide technical work direction to assigned personnel in order to insure timely and accurate project completion. Assist the Manager in planning for and handling management contacts in business areas.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Contact with all levels of CCHS employees, vendors, and IT support staff and management.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Managers: BIS, HIS, CIS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering or Business Administration.
Experience in a hospital or healthcare environment.
Up-to-date knowledge of computer, telecommunication, and other information technology tools.
Knowledge of system design techniques.
Knowledge of hospital and patient accounting, inventory control, patient management and laboratory procedures is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Job Classification: Information Systems
- Ability to see well enough to view/read terminal displays, printed material and digital and analog displays in all locations where duties are performed. Required for key responsibilities above.
- Ability to hear well enough to participate in meetings, use a tele¬phone, recognize fire and safety alarms, converse with constituents and recognize audio alarms from computer equipment with the presence of background noise. Required for all key responsibilities above.
- Possess manual dexterity well enough to use a keyboard and termi¬nal equipment, to do filing, indexing, and copying, to do sorting, to maintain computer equipment such as mounting tapes, loading paper, etc., and manipulate communications devices such as FAX ma¬chines in order to meet minimum productivity standards. Re¬quired for all key responsibilities above.
- Speak well enough to elicit and transmit technical and operational information in meetings and face to face conversations in English with other CCHS employees and the public. Required for key responsibilities above.
Job Requisition #: 30534BR
Christiana Care Health Systems
- 3 years ago - save job
Christiana Care Health System in Delaware is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital...