Sr. Unix/Linux System Administrator - McKinney, TX
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 28, 2013, 6:59:03 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
- 7+ yrs Solaris & Red Hat Linux adminstration. LVM, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server.
- 7+ yrs Jumpstart, Kixstart, HP Server hardware Sun/Oracle hardware VMWare
- 7+ yrs EMC storage a plus LDAP
- Ability to create GOLD server images and clone new virtual servers
- U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good ability to lead and work as part of a team
CSC - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...