Job Summary: Supervises and provides direct leadership for technicians. Manages workflow and assigns tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES : In order to perform this job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform all essential function satisfactorily. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance work and repairs, as well as monitor progress and quality.
- Review driver repairs and other maintenance requests and prepare work order documents.
- Perform mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provide input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interpret and ensure consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Five (5) or more years of Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook applications and Dossier
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a Class A CLD
- ASE Master Mechanic Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day.
- The employee is occasionally required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds.
- The employee may be required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals,
- The employee is required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, heat and cold.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...