As the Senior Optical Engineer at Oculus, you will lead the charge on optical technologies in future Oculus products. You’ll be evaluating different problems and quickly translating conceptual solutions into physical prototypes. You’ll also be working closely with our hardware engineers to ensure tightly matched integration between Oculus display and sensor systems, and supervising the manufacturing process to ensure that everything is held to your spec. This is your chance to work on a project where the whole world will get to see the fruits of your labor! |
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optical/Mechanical Engineering, or a related technical area.
- Extensive experience with glass and acrylic lens systems.
- Experience with optics for both image sensors and displays.
- Knowledge of CodeV, Zemax, FRED, MATLAB, etc is preferred.
- Ability to convert concepts and ideas into physical prototypes and models.
- Personal commitment to world-class, iterative design.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process.
This position is based in Irvine, CA.
Oculus VR - 2 years ago