Panhandle Presort is looking for a good System Administrator/Programmer to manage all IT related functions.
We are seeking a self motivated and experienced System Administrator with who can manager Windows Server 2003 environment from hardware to software. Individual will be responsible for troubleshooting both hardware and software problems company wide. Responsible for any Network related issues. Individual will work with directly with Management on multiple project initiatives such as disaster recovery plans, VM Ware implementation, hardware replacement, building security system, etc.
This individual will work with other team members on various business development projects assisting with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases as well as implementation phases. Individual also need to work well alone and stay on task. Project status will need to be communicated to management daily.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support various business related software from accounting to data processing. This individual is responsible for maintaining SQL databases which support multiple custom job processing software. In addition this individual is responsible for the following: Windows 2003 Server, Linux based Secure FTP server, Linux web server, Kerio email server, Dell NAS storage server, Talk switch Phone system, SQL based time clock software, network components such as switches, firewalls, VPN remote access, etc.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Prior experience with SQL Database and Windows .net framework
- Prior knowledge of scripting through batch files or linux perl for data manipulation purposes.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC and printer hardware.
- 3-5 years system administration experience.
- Good working relationship with other SA’s in Amarillo to ensure network of contacts for assistance and advisory to assist in areas lacking expertise.
For more information about Panhandle Presort visit www.pps-mail.net