The Marketing Leader is responsible to design, execute and measure Healthcare Professional and Consumer oriented marketing activities in support of the marketing's objectives.
Specifically, this role will focus predominantly on Healthcare Professional marketing. A high level understanding of the consumer strategy and programs will be important to ensure strategic alignment and integration across customer groups.
* Responsible for leading a combination of the following programs types of programs across CRESTOR HCP and Consumer marketing efforts: Development of campaign materials, media purchase (online and off line), TV advertising, non-personal promotion efforts, field sales integration and program performance tracking/ROI analysis.
* The Marketing Leader will be responsible for resolving day-to-day marketing and business issues requiring coordination across a variety of supporting functions such as Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Business Insight and Finance.
The Marketing Leader will work with the members of the CRESTOR marketing team and cross functional partners to drive brand performance through development and delivery of programs aligned with the Marketing Strategy for the brand:
Healthcare Professional Marketing Programs:
* HCP Personal Promotion -- Lead the strategy, message development, marketing material development, and rollout of planning/execution of HCP promotional materials. The Marketing Leader will be accountable for demonstrating the following key marketing capabilities:
* Project Management/Integration -- Organize people, activities, communication & resources around a common goal and to achieve business objectives in a timely manner.
* Promotional Plan Execution -- Translate the marketing strategy into a consistent and compelling plan that build on the customer insights and increase differentiation and interest in the minds of the customer, and refresh as warranted by insight or market dynamics.
* Vendor/Agency Management -- Manage marketing relationships with agencies, vendor partners, consultants, and other third party groups.
The Marketing Leader will be accountable for demonstrating the following key leadership capabilities:
* Provide Clarity About Strategic Direction -- Develops a vision of the future, answering "why" and "what."
* Ensures Commitment -- Builds commitment among internal and external stakeholders
* Focuses on Delivery -- Takes responsibility for decisions, results, and creates an action-oriented environment
* Builds Relationships -- Works on the premise that nothing gets done alone, capable of delivering tough messages and yet maintaining positive relationships
* Builds Self-Awareness -- Knows and understands oneself, and demonstrates awareness of effect of behaviors, needs, and motives on other people
* Demonstrates Learning Capability -- Learns quickly from different experiences, is a confident problem-solver, is solutions-oriented without being constrained by process or precedent.
* HCP Non-Personal Promotion -- Lead development of innovative non-personal strategies to reach customers outside of the sales channel to deliver brand value.
* Field Sales Integration -- Lead rollout of marketing initiatives to multiple selling teams, and work to ensure alignment with sales leadership.
* Business Policy and Compliance -- Understand how to operate and adhere to policy within the regulatory environment with the goal of maximizing contribution
* Performance/Insight -- Utilize the insights to analyze and interpret marketing performance and provide opportunities to maximize contribution
* Budget & Financial -- ability to understand and manage the marketing expense budgets as well as product P&L's
* Samples -- responsible for day to day sample management and forecasting support
* Supply/Packaging -- partner with the supply teams to address questions as needed and ensure we are maximizing our opportunities for marketing contribution
Consumer Focused Marketing Programs:
* DTC advertising-- Lead the strategy, message development, media strategy, and development of DTC advertising for CRESTOR. Ensure DTC strategy aligns and delivers against brand strategy.
* Patient Marketing -- Develop strategies and lead development and implementation of patient education, online and offline programs, savings programs, and consumer relationship marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of pharmaceutical experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability and people management skills
- 5 years of pharmaceutical marketing and promotions experience
- Experience in Consumer and/or HCP marketing strategy
- Experience developing a strategy and executing against it
- Experience managing complex projects
- Understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products in the US
- Understanding of the US Healthcare environment
- MBA in relevant field
- Experience managing pharmaceutical products in their mid to late stage life cycle
- Experience in Consumer and/or Managed Markets strategy
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Sales and/or Sales Leadership experience
AstraZeneca - 18 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...