The Electrical Drafter is responsible for the development and implementation of the electrical AutoCAD requirements for the project. This person is to be familiar with drafting required for electrical systems, control systems, and site drawings. The designer is responsible for creating computer aided drawings for the industrial, oil, and gas industries based on sketches and information presented by the engineer.
- Create drawings using AutoCad as directed by Lead Designer
- Assist Lead Designer and engineer in obtaining information in the office or field to complete drawings
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by the Lead Designer or Drafting Supervisor
- Check drawings and other documents. Verify correctness of design and engineering data to verify completeness of the documents
- Maintain project files
- Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Two (2) years applicable experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design or equivalent
- Strong AutoCad skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Availability and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Availability and the ability to work overtime as needed based on project
- May require travel to client sites
- Work is primarily conducted in a non-smoking office environment (Private or Semi-Private Office) but also requires occasional travel to off-site work locations.
- Field duties may require outdoor work in a plant, facility or terminal environment.
- Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.