Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Continous CareCoordinator (RN) to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The Continous Care/Flex Pool Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of patient care related to Continuous Care within the requirements and standards of Medicare and Medicaid. Assist the Clinical managers to fill vacancies due to vacation schedules with qualified personnel from the Seasons resource pool, and be responsible for maintaining and increasing the Resource Pool of nurses and Hospice Aides. Participate in educating outside staffing agencies on the protocols of Seasons Hospice related to continuous care, and administer ensure the competency of outside resources, and maintain the files of those eligible to work in this capacity.
1. Triage all inquiries requesting continuous care.
2. Work with the Case Manager or Team Director to evaluate the patient’s appropriateness for continuous care.
3. Assign a team member to make the initial visit to initiate continuous care.
4. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for issues related to continuous care, except when there is a scheduled day off. For example:
a.) To initiate continuous care under the direction of an RN
b.) To instruct contracted agency personnel when questions arise regarding patient care.
c.) Available to contact RN on call when there is a need for new orders.
5. Provide education and support to team members concerning continuous care.
6. Provide in-services and education regarding continuous care to contracted agencies (nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or others as requested) and Seasons employees.
7. Assures compliance with the regulations for continuous care and appropriate staffing and visits.
8. If a continuous care admission is called in after operating hours, will coordinate with admin on call for coverage by other available staff.
9. Responsible for coordinating with the Case Manager and/or Team Director to their re-evaluation for appropriateness to continue continuous care after the initial period.
10. Documents all conversations on the proper form both paper and in the EMR and brings/sends to hospice office on a weekly basis.
11. Participate in the quality improvement program related to continuous care matters.
12. Assist with visits as needed per approval from the Director of Clinical services.
13. Responsible for ensuring that all paperwork is completed and picked up when continuous care is stopped.
14. Follows the continuous care protocols
15. Coordinates in the decision process to determine the appropriate level of care for the patient’s symptoms or needs, with an RN and communicates this to the applicable Team Director or Administrator on call.
16. Assists in recruiting, training and building the nurse and CNA resource pool that will be utilized to fill continuous care shifts.
17. Provides education and in-services to outside staffing agencies providing care during periods of crisis.
18. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state(s).
2. A minimum of 1 year of hospice experience preferred
3. A minimum of 1 year of supervisory, continuous care coordination, scheduling or triage experience.
4. Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
5. A valid driver’s license and auto insurance
6. Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care - 22 months ago
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care....