The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) to company and customer drop-off sites while providing excellent customer service. It is further required to return empty trailer(s) to the distribution center in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations. The Delivery/Shuttle Driver may have to unload trailer on occasion at the drop-off sites.
Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, count items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded, move tractor to the loading dock to attach preloaded trailer and/or attach 2
trailer with the dolly, and perform "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route.
Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place them in designated customer storage areas.
Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required and turn in all funds collected daily. Contact management for authorization on discrepancies with invoices and communicate all errors/returns.
Perform all post-trip responsibilities to include: unload damaged goods and customer returns and complete necessary paperwork; perform safety check on the vehicle, unhook and secure trailer; park and secure tractor and hand truck; complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), and complete company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
Attend all required driver meetings.
**Special Note** Position requires individual to reside in Farmington, New Mexico or Durango, Colorado.
High School Diploma/GED preferred; however, must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount. Must have Commercial Drivers License (CDL), class A issued by the state of legal residence with the necessary endorsements and be DOT qualified. Must meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Minimum 6 months of food or beverage delivery experience
1 year over the road commercial driving experience. No more than 2 convictions in the past 2 year period for traffic violations. Not more than one of these may be a serious (as defined by DOT) violation or result of an accident - company or private vehicle; No DUI convictions within past 3 years, regardless of type of vehicle operated; no driver's license suspension within past 3 years (insurance and overweight tickets are excluded); and no termination by previous employer for failure to comply with safety regulations or for accident involvement.
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, POD, and tools used to perform the job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Must know/have ability to learn MSDS information regarding all material used within the scope of the work.
- Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a controlled substance abuse screening test.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including applying tire chains if needed.
- Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- Experience in foodservice delivery preferred.
F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, C = Continuously
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:
1. SIT - F (may be continuous on long hauls)
2. STAND - O
3. WALK - F
4. DRIVE - F(may be continuous on long hauls)
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:
1. 1-10 lbs - O
2. 10-20 lbs - F
3. 25-50 lbs - F
4. 50-100 lbs - O up to 80 lbs)
5. Over 100 lbs - Never
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:
1. 1-10 lbs - O
2. 10-20 lbs - O
3. 25-50 lbs - O
4. > 50 lbs - Never
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:
1. Push/Pull - F (Hand truck,gate,straps,metal ramp,truck door,dolly,boxes,truck gear shift)
2. Climb/Balance - F (In and out of truck, stairs, truck ramp, delivery ramps)
3. Stoop/Squat - O
4. Kneel/Bend - O
5. Reach Above Shoulder - O
7. Grasp Objects - O (Steering wheel,gear shift,truck straps,boxes,dolly handle,hand truck handle,paper work)
8. Manipulate Objects - O (Boxes,dolly,metal truck ramp,hand truck,paper work,truck gate,straps
9. Twisting - F
Yes, 75% of the time
U.S. Foodservice is an EEO/AA employer.
US Foods - 2 years ago
Many restaurant-goers in the US can thank this company for the food on their plates. US Foods (formerly U.S. Foodservice) is the...