Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs over 900 people in 50 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our KillerIT (a subsidiary of Forsythe Solutions Group, Inc.) department.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President/Founder-CEO of KillerIT.
The Business Operations Manager – KillerIT role is responsible for managing the development and execution of KillerIT’s vision, strategy, and business processes. This role works closely with the Founder & CEO of KillerIT as well as individual account managers, sales managers, product development teams, and project management teams to oversee the development and growth of profitable new business for KillerIT. The Business Operations Manager works continuously with the Marketing department to ensure consistent and effective marketing, advertising, and promotional planning. This role also works closely with other internal Forsythe departments (Order Management, Professional Services, Legal, Finance, Accounts Receivable/Payable, etc.) to oversee and manage KillerIT opportunity to cash lifecycles. The Business Operations Manager will be required to build relationships with existing and potential customers to grow business and drive new opportunity development.
The Business Operations Manager will serve as the point of contact for all KillerIT marketing and operational related questions and decisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and lead all marketing projects and responsibilities. Work with Forsythe’s Marketing team to continue building KillerIT’s identity: website, logos, tagline, video, business cards, presentation templates, letterhead, and social media presence. Manage all content for KillerIT related marketing materials (internal and external): brochures, whitepapers, user manuals, and website projects.
· Develop a marketing plan that drives KillerIT objectives and increases brand awareness. This marketing plan will include Transformational, Solution Provider, and Sourcing account identification, with the goal of cross-marketing Forsythe’s solutions offerings to increase business and deepen KillerIT’s presence in the account. Align KillerIT’s marketing plan with Forsythe’s marketing plan. Utilize regional partner funding opportunities. Responsible for the implementation and the supervision/training of corporate resources for all marketing events (ECC, Summer Sales Meetings, Kickoff, etc.). Responsible for tracking marketing and program ROI. Plan and oversee KillerIT events and represent KillerIT at workshops, tradeshows, and seminar. Build brand presence in the communities, universities, and Forsythe.
· Analyze, oversee and improve KillerIT’s opportunity to cash lifecycle. Work with internal teams to establish best practices and scalable processes to support growing business needs. Provide leadership and approval (including signing authority) to internal teams for details surrounding KillerIT bookings, such as pricing, SOW generation, and subscription management. Review and approve time/expense invoicing and VPA accrual for KillerIT deals.
· Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly metric reporting for review with Founder and sales team through salesforce.com and Sales Operations department. Follow up on sales activity; communicate with people at all levels to close deals. Accountable for gathering data regarding KillerIT customers and competitors, and industry trends. Maintain confidentiality of KillerIT’s data and documentation.
· Develop relationships with clients in order to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. Monitor new and existing business to exceed client expectations, while having a clear understanding of client’s internal structure and process. Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner. Generate leads and referrals through networking.
· Understand requirements for development of products for KillerIT, and work with project management team(s) to ensure successful execution and completion of projects. Work with marketing and sales teams to define new products and lead training our sales team. Educate existing and potential clients on KillerIT products/offerings. Motivate and generate excitement around these products.
· Support HR with strategically building out KillerIT team to scale to business needs. Plan and lead team building activities on a quarterly basis to develop cohesiveness among KillerIT employees. Determine and manage organizational and operational support for KillerIT that goes beyond immediate team members. Track and analyze team’s cost/budgets, effectiveness and results. Organize internal paperwork requirements for KillerIT team. Maintain Founder and CEO’s calendar and schedule on and off site meetings.
Minimum and/or Preferred Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Business, Communication or other related major required
· Minimum 4 years of experience required, including hands on experience in business development, marketing and operations in a high volume, fast-paced sales environment
· Exposure to “Solution” selling (i.e.: product and service) preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Prior Project Management Certifications preferred
· Proven understanding of the IT business landscape and the technologies that drive the business
· Strong track record of accomplishments and results, specifically in the area of operational management
· Ability to understand/analyze client needs and link them to KillerIT offerings
· Independent self-starter and effective team player with creative problem solving and decision making skills to help KillerIT achieve its business objectives
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to instantly build rapport with all levels of internal and external clients
· Strong negotiation skills
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to work in a highly interactive, fast paced environment
· Ability to lead and manage key projects
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
· Strong mathematical aptitude
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, with advanced skills in Excel
· Highly organized, accurate, and complete
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
· General office activities
· Travel required (some out of town/overnight travel)
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements
Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
Forsythe - 24 months ago