Job DescriptiO n
Job Title: Junior Proposal Specialist (also known as Buyer I)
Process : Inquiry to Order & Order to Billing & Billing to Shipping
Reports To: Senior Proposal Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for sourcing, purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
35 k to 45 k annual gross wages commensurate with experience
Healthcare, Disability, Time off available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate effectively with v endors both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and math skills are required to prepare bids.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- A minimum of 1 + years of experience in a Buyer role or closely related Purchasing activity
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English language
- Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation
- Effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self-motivated , demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making
error free transactions .
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and services.
- Carryout ISO-9001 purchasing procedures.
- Act as a backup to other buyers that are out of the office.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving sev e ral concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. There are no special vision requirements . While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
AVSCO Houston is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please.
NOTE: Resumes submitted to any AVSCO Houston employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with AVSCO Houston HR team in Houston Texas will become the property of AVSCO Houston and no search fees will be paid.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Monster - 2 years ago
AVSCO Houston is a Global Supply Chain and Project Management Company. With offices in Houston, Dubai, Nigeria and Libya, AVSCO was...