Summary of Basic Functions |
To supervise and coordinate activities of the night manager, assistant night manager, dairy manager, frozen food manager, and stockers. Assist upper management in supervising the operation of the store. Ensure the production of quality merchandise and service consistent with Randalls / Tom Thumb standards.
• Unload trucks and stock in accordance with Randalls / Tom Thumb safety procedures and guidelines.
• Examine displays and shelves to identify which items need to be replenished.
• Monitor stocker activity. Meet preset goals for departments in the areas of labor, sales, and productivity.
• Train employees in store policies (superior service and safety).
• Assist customers with special requests for new products.
• Order merchandise, plan and set displays.
• Plan daily operation, monitor production process following company procedures and profitability guidelines.
• Initiate personnel actions such as pre-employment interviews, transfers, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
• Working knowledge of company policies and guidelines as outlined in the Randalls / Tom Thumb Employee Handbook.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 6 months experience in Grocery retail and/or 6 months in management.
• Successful completion of Randalls / Tom Thumb Management Training Program.
• Working in varied temperatures.
Physical Functions and Methods
• Independent mobility within the department. Standing and walking for 8 to 10 hours.
• Manuel dexterity sufficient to handle boxes and supplies.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers. Visual acuity sufficient to read product labels, coupons, and prices.
• Strength to lift, push, or pull objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Occasional crouching and stooping to reach low storage areas and display cases.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Professional appearance and above average communication skills.
• Perform other duties as required.
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...