The HME / Contract Specialist will have direct accountability for the financial and operation metrics of the US Aggregates Mobile Equipment Fleet. The HME / Contract Specialist will manage all assets to ensure they are fully maintained, utilized and optimized and will serve as a technical resource for the Plant Managers and Operations Managers across the US. The HME / Contract Specialist will have direct responsibility for the overall HME Preventative Maintenance process and will also serve as the Contract Manager for our Heavy Mobile Equipment partner Cura Classis. Responsibilities include: ensure all forecasting processes are consistent, ensure accurate billing, validate equipment purchases, and serve as the key contact person for issue resolution. The HME / Contract Specialist will interface with the Plant Managers and Operations Managers and other members of the Manufacturing Team to enhance performance, reduce costs, participate in PER’s, contribute to action planning, and assist in the development of capital plans. The HME / Contract Specialist will approve the selection of all Heavy Mobile Equipment and will share in the accountability for these selections. The HME / Contract Specialist is required to be a technical expert in Heavy Mobile Equipment and have experience within varying geologies and will be required to have good interpersonal skills to enhance coordination and communication with all Plant Managers, Operations Managers and other technical representatives in Lafarge.
1. Health and Safety: Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the MSHA, OSHA and Lafarge guidelines. Actively engage key management personnel to promote a culture of safety that is best in class with an objective of “zero” injuries or incidents. Actively engages with the workforce to reinforce safe behaviors.
2. Environment: Establishes the environment as a priority in his/her area of responsibility. Ensures local, state and federal regulations are met or exceeded by following Lafarge best practices and conditions of the site’s permits.
3. Performance Management: Promotes a culture of performance. Effectively utilizes Equipment reporting, KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews to develop positive change actions. Develop actions, establish goals, track performance and continuously improve the plant equipment usage and maintenance.
4. Quality: Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices in extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation and re-handling to ensure product remains within target specifications as it is received by our customers.
5. Planning: Develops daily schedules, weekly operational plans, and schedules work with managers for the plant to continuously improve productivity, maintain low costs, and ensure high efficiency of equipment usage.
6. Internal and External Customer Focus: Interacts with on-site customers and the Plant Managers to ensure their expectations for quality and quantity of material are met. Coordination and communication with internal stakeholders to ensure transparency and ensure effectiveness of HME process.
7. Delivering Results: Deliver operational costs actions and achieve Cash/EBITDA targeted ambitions.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
§ Reports to US VP of Manufacturing
§ Works directly with key stakeholders (Plant Managers, Operations Managers)
§ Works closely with other functional teams (Safety, Manufacturing, Environmental, HR and Finance)
§ Cost Optimization for HME fleet across all US Aggregate sites (Excellence Savings)
§ Management of HME contract with Cura Classis (Babcock)
§ Responsible for the delivery of action plan cost savings as defined within annual Performance Plan
§ Responsible for the productivity and maintenance on all mobile equipment assets
§ 50M+ Tons of aggregate production
§ 65 operating sites
Education & Work Experience:
§ A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in HME field
§ An undergraduate degree in mining or engineering is preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
§ Strong supervisory and people skills
§ Problem solving and analytical skills
§ Disciplined and process oriented
§ Strong knowledge of Heavy Mobile Equipment and usage
§ Basic knowledge of state and federal mining regulations
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
§ Command Skills
§ Team Building Skills
§ Drive for Results
§ Functional/Technical Skills
§ Managing and Measuring Work
§ Problem Solving
§ Process Management
Lafarge - 17 months ago
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...