The Computer Network Technologist I (CNTI) will be a member of the Security Operations Center (SOC) / Network Operations Center (NOC) team that provides the secured management for the JRTC Enterprise LAN.
The CNTI will work closely with the Sr. Network Administrator supporting the JRTC Enterprise networking infrastructure.
This position is responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, and Information Assurance administration for all levels of the enterprise Backbone, SONET, Ethernet, T1, ATM, TCP/IP, DS3, VLAN configuration, and other protocols.
The CNT I will develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope and contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks and support the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) rotational exercise connectivity requirements.
The successful candidate will support JRTC Rotational Exercise connectivity requirements. Test, validate and implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) standards and ensure Network STIG compliance. Maintain network security checklists and demonstrated ability to successfully follow standard operating procedures, conform to established policies and standards, and use industry practices, techniques, and standards for guidance. Perform updates to networking devices, to include: Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Switches, Routers and Crypto Devices.
- Candidate must have 2-4 years experience on a large DOD enterprise system.
- Selected candidate must have ability to obtain and/or maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Will be required to comply with all Company and OSHA safety standards and wear/use required PPE as applicable.
- Most be able to work First, Second or Third shifts.
- Selected candidate must have the knowledge and understanding of National Institute of Standard, Technology Computer Security Standard, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), DOD Directive 8500.1, 8500.2, Army Regulation 25-2.
- Test, validate and implement DISA STIG standards and ensure Network STIG compliance. Maintain network security checklists.
- Must possess one of the following current certifications; A+, Network+ or Security+
- Be able to work closely with others, or to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of JRTC Enterprise structure. In-depth knowledge of JRTC network systems functions, roles and responsibilities.
- Current Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with creating and maintaining network topology drawings using Microsoft Visio.
- Expertise with OSPF/BGP routing, 802.1q, 802.3ad, multicast routing, VOIP and IP flow analysis.
- Experience with routers, switches and firewalls, especially configuration of Alcatel and CISCO switches.
- Dod/Army Industry standard (SkillPort) computing enviornment training (Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, Unix….) or must be obtained within six months or hire.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
May accept 8 years of related work experience for education requirement.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 10,000 employees and 2010 sales of $3.4 billion. RTSC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. RTSC operates on all seven continents. RTSC customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...