Efficiently assists Executive Chef to manager within pre-established food and labor cost controls and plays an active role in contributing to the restaurant’s profits.
Maintains operational control of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items when Executive Chef is not present.
Menu creation, recipe development, enhancing knife skills and teamwork.
Monitor overtime and ensure staff motivation.
Oversee product consistency and make necessary modifications according to business needs.
Monitor waste and over production, as well as utilize leftovers and ensure proper rotation and quality control.
Monitor training of new employees to help them achieve higher goals.
Monitor and enforce Company and Departmental safety policy standards.
Know, understand, enforce and maintain all policies, and procedures, with the Southern Nevada Health Department regulations and the Hotel.
Independent decision making, multifaceted in collaboration with our Chef and Department Executives. Including (but not limited to): proper ordering, guest assistance and working with the front of house.
Perform various clerical duties regarding staff and kitchen operations including: payroll, scheduling and staff files and vacation planning.
Manages human resource responsibilities to include hiring/firing, training, issuing discipline and ensure the proper documentation of all actions taken.
Create recipes and associated costs with all menu items.
Inter-department collaboration: working in or with other Chef’s departments as needed to insure success in the Culinary department.
Monitor food cost for outlet and order food products.
Maintain the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of outlet.
Assist in overseeing kitchen-related activities pertaining to the normal operation of the restaurant, menu and staff.
Create new daily specials.
Coordinate service of food.
Achieve service, financial and Human Resource goals set forth by property Executives.
Assume responsibilities of the kitchen in the absence of the Chef.
Engage, entertain and inspire all who visit the Hotel.
Preform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related culinary field.
- Previous Assistant Chef experience, with high volume experience.
- Math and computer skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant operations and food preparations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...