THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Assists swim instructor with providing instruction and
motivation for students in swimming classes.
1. 15 years of age or older.
2. Current state approved first-aid certification. *
3. Current state approved community CPR certification,
or equivalent. *
4. YMCA Swim Leader certification, or equivalent. **
5. Demonstrated ability to assist children and others in
the development of swimming skills.
6. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to
average size child.
7. Ability to teach skills to others.
8. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Within 30 days of employment or at first available
**Within six months of employment or at first available
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Direction of the
YMCA: Understands and supports the mission of the YMCA;
displays the YMCA values; displays flexibility and
accepts change; is willing to try new methods and make
suggestions; shows a strong commitment to the YMCA;
conveys enthusiasm for the YMCA and his/her work.
2. Builds Community: Understands and embraces the role
of volunteers; helps members and participants make
connections to others and to the YMCA; practices
effective relationship-building techniques; supports the
role of fund-raising in achieving the YMCA mission.
3. Provides a Quality Experience for Members,
Participants, Internal Customers and Others:
Possesses the ability to deliver outstanding experiences
for members, participants, internal customers and
others; builds warm and supportive relationships;
consistently greets and assists everyone in a positive
way; strives to provide service that will exceed
expectations; responds to concerns and complaints in a
way that makes each person feel valued; initiates action
for prompt resolution; looks for better ways to serve
and involve members, participants, internal customers
4. Works Productively: Demonstrates responsible actions;
consistently performs duties in a safe and conscientious
manner within the agreed upon timeframe; follows
standards, policies, and procedures; is reliable and
consistently punctual; actively participates in staff
meetings, required trainings, and other work related
activities; uses good judgment; uses YMCA resources
appropriately and efficiently.
5. Uses Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates
Effectively: Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and
consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and
genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner;
embraces differences among people; demonstrates an
active willingness to learn and grow; accepts
constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team
1. Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance
with YMCA guidelines.
2. Develops positive relationships with participants and
3. Assists with record maintenance as required.
4. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
5. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and
procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
6. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment.
Reports damaged equipment.
7. Conveys basic information on YMCA programs and
schedules to members and, as appropriate, refers members
to other YMCA Total Health programs and/or staff.
98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department
- Please apply online www.seattleymca.org/careers
- OR mail your resume to: 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA
- Please include the job reference code and job title on
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; 12% retirement
fund contribution when eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to workplace diversity. We are a
Days/Hours Scheduled: Monday & Wednesday: 4:00-7:00 pm;
Closing Date: 04/10/2013
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 13 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...