: Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator and/or Project Director, performs a wide variety of administrative and counseling duties to provide patient intake, outreach, discharge planning, and follow-up. Acts as a liaison to internal hospital departments as well as state and federal agencies that provide social services and community services. All essential functions performed in this position reflect the age specific needs of the patients.
- Performs patient intake duties.
- Assumes an advocacy role with clients and their families and their surrogates in regard to available social services resources.
- Assists with billing and insurance issues, referrals from Primary Care Providers (PCPs), Medicare Part D issues, and coordinates payments from other third party payor services.
- Assists clients with immigration issues such as education waivers, preparation of advocacy letters and referrals.
- Acts as intra-department liaison with Finance, Inpatient Units, Psychiatry, etc. to provide documentation as needed.
- Assists the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by facilitating educational groups, providing basic HIV education and basic counseling. May assist with crisis management as needed.
- Provides pre-post HIV education and counseling.
: BASIC KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Social Work preferred. Bilingual strongly preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to clients from a myriad of backgrounds including disadvantaged and bicultural.
Two years of social services or other related experience. Data entry skills and PC experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Most duties are performed in an off-site location of The Miriam Hospital on 369 Broad St - Community Access. Incumbent's work may require personal interaction with study population in their environment (e.g. prison, low-income urban area, drug treatment center, ethnic neighborhood, etc.). Any risk of exposure to contagious or noxious elements is minimized by adherence to safety procedures and protocols.
May require dependable transportation to and from off-site locations that may not be serviced by public transportation or a hospital shuttle service.
Lifespan - 17 months ago
From the youngest babies to the most golden oldies, Lifespan Corporation has the health of Rhode Islanders covered through every stage of...