Maintain server infrastructure, which consists of Linux, Unix and Windows based systems along with system appliances in a highly available fast paced environment. Skills include timely problem resolution of Redhat, Windows, HPUX, shell scripting along with Apache/Tomcat implementation, configuration, and maintenance. Create and maintain documentation related to system configuration, application diagrams, processes, and service records. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades. Produce monthly operating system and application performance reports including applicable remediation plans. Provide technical recommendations as necessary to address business or application issues. The ability to act as a project lead or as a resource provider to help design, implement, and support business critical applications. Ensure the appropriate system security measures are in place to protect corporate assets. Develop scripts as necessary to improve functionality or automate activities. Interface with both networking and Windows personnel as necessary to achieve service delivery. Ability to maintain Storage Area Networking, NAS infrastructure ESX Virtualization environment and DataProtector, Autosys, Peoplesoft process scheduler. Coordinate the establishment of processes, run manuals, standard operating procedures and documentation to insure 7 x 24 system availability. Work outside of normal hours should be expected in addition to a rotating on-call responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years experience: HP Unix, Red Hat Linux and storage certifications highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and be highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail & customer focus.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment with strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative Environment.
- Understanding of various systems architecture and operating systems.
- Good understanding of Security architectures and solutions.
- Proven experience with Apache, tomcat, HP UNIX and Red Hat Linux systems.
- Ability to assess and mitigate potential security issues on Windows servers is a plus.
- Experience with the deployment and management of SAN based VMWare ESX 3.x and 4.x environments is a plus.
- Experience with the configuration and administration of HP Rack mount (DL) and Blade (BL) class servers.
- Experience with IBM XIV SAN, NetApps N-series NAS and EMC CAS solutions.
- Windows Server knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to be trained in Windows Server Support.
- Experience with operating server in a HA environment.
Vicor Corporation - 9 months ago