Co-op/Internship: Gas Detection –Computer Engineering (Fall)
Opportunity begins during the fall semester of 2013 (August/September). The preferred candidate will be able to fill this position as a co-op, completing 2-3 rotations (semesters) in this role, alternating between semesters in school and semesters at MSA. Ideal schedule will be: Fall 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015.
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Computer engineering co-ops will develop engineering skills while working alongside other experienced engineers in the Portable Instruments department. Depending on the stage of the design cycle and the specific products they work on, co-ops may be involved in:
· Supporting post-launch requirements for application development project
· Applying all basic and some specialized knowledge in the design and coding of client and/or server-based applications
· Documenting and validating software
· Completing other research and development work, as required.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities preferred:
· Proficient skill with Windows XP/Vista/7 Operating Systems
· Experience with embedded or windows application programming
· Familiarity with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or SQLite
· Familiarity with networking, wired, or wireless
Education and experience required:
· Student must have completed at least two years toward a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
MSA Safety Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
MSA Safety Inc. is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of sophisticated safety products, instruments, and services...