Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to createÂ and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments.Â Our people and our market leading brands, including Club CarÂ®, Ingersoll RandÂ®, SchlageÂ®, Thermo KingÂ®, and TraneÂ®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand Residential Solutions, a business comprised of well-known brands like Schlage and Trane, delivers safety, comfort and efficiency to homeowners throughout North America. Our quality products, services and solutions include mechanical and electronic locks, heating and air conditioning systems, indoor air quality solutions, advanced controls, portable security systems and remote home management.
The Site EHS Leader is responsible for providing effective professional guidance to site management on achieving world-class performance related to environmental, health, safety and security, as well as, coordinating all interaction with outside EHS resources in conjunction with current policies and regulations. Responsible for the development and management of all regulatory programs within the facility to ensure maximum compliance. Responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating IR Sector and Enterprise policies on matters involving safety, air, water, and land conservation. Develops plans and manages engineering activities and policies to identify, solve and alleviate environmental problems. Provides leadership to management on the practical and necessary steps to prevent or abate pollution arising from company operations, and to become a compliant model.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
- Provide EHS consultation and information to support all company EHS efforts. Work cooperatively with all levels of IR's management staff on all safety related issues as they impact other company functions.
- Administer and lead site on implementation of all EHS programs. This includes updating existing and developing new programs as needed due to regulatory changes, changes in company policies and other needs as necessary. Monitor EHS metrics, including incident rates, energy consumption, waste generation, etc., and provide management with feedback. This feedback must be detailed and provide guidance and direction for future actions to improve performance.
- Ensure all employees, both hourly and management; receive all training necessary to safely perform their respective duties. This includes training for managers on programs they are required to implement.
- Manages facility environmental program in the areas of pollution abatement, environmental and waste water management. Informs management of environmental problems (and solutions) involving employees, the company and public.
- Manages the maintenance of hazardous inventory and current status with regard to compliance with federal, state and local regulatory law.
- Ensures that all environmental, health and safety reporting, preparation, application filing and associated fees are completed. These may include but not be limited to: Workers Compensation, Hazardous Waste Generator, Air permit, wastewater permit Community Right to Know, Solid Waste Reporting, State and County Recycling, Tier I & II, etc.
- Bachelors degree in safety, engineering or related field
- 4-8 years of EHS experience
- Industrial/Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competency in collaboration, change management, and innovation.
- Demonstrated strong communication/interpersonal skills. Speaks and writes clearly, logically and to the point. Makes effective presentations. Demonstrates strong, active listening skills. Openly shares information in a timely manner. Values workforce diversity. Demonstrates an ability to create positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders. Has ability to relate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical knowledge in general environmental and safety disciplines, with demonstrated the ability to drive change and innovation of EHS standards within a matrix environment.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.Â We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations. Â
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...