As a Mortgage Loan Officer, you'll sell and originate residential mortgage loans by representing TD Bank in the local community by promoting our products/services to and generating referral business from real estate professionals, financial advisors and other centers of influence. You'll continually work to expand your referral network by identifying new opportunities and developing relationships with these sources.
We're a portfolio lender.
We offer the best features of community banking with the vast resources and financial stability of TD Bank Group. As a portfolio lender, we can offer very affordable mortgage products and services to fit a variety of lending needs. This puts us in a unique position within our markets since we control our interest rates and fees, as well as our own lending guidelines.
A company that cares.
At TD Bank, we're always on the lookout for the industry's finest mortgage professionals. When you join TD Bank, we will work hard to put your needs first. Your career will get all the attention it deserves: performance-based compensation, generous benefits, ongoing training, and opportunities to grow your career. Your life outside of work will get attention as well. We offer work/life resources and family-oriented benefits and programs.
• Identify and meet with prospects to explain various mortgage products available and help determine the best product to suit their needs.
• Guide applicants through the loan application process and submit the required information for processing.
• Coordinates communications between customers, underwriters, processors, closing agents and others to ensure a smooth loan closing.
• Maintain highest level of sales ability, negotiation skills and knowledge of TD Bank mortgage and other products and services.
• Define and execute on a business development strategy to deepen relationships and expand your referral network to attract new business.
• Ensure that work, including that of any employees supervised, is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies located on Company intranet; policies include but are not limited to Fair Lending, Know Your Customer, Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering policies.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
• Minimum 3 years mortgage lending experience required.
• Proven sales ability, with strong track record of past mortgage lending sales success. Full understanding of the selling process with experience developing/implementing targeted sales plans.
• Ability to assess financial needs and the ability to work with minimal supervision is essential.
• In-depth knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines.
• Large network of outside contacts to generate referral flows. Self-directed, with ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals.
• Strong verbal/written communication, organizational and time-management skills.
• PC skills, including knowledge of mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TD Bank Financial Group - 2 years ago
About TD Bank Financial Group The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Financial Group. TD Bank...