West Monroe Partners is looking for a Senior Consultant with prior experience managing Payer healthcare technology projects for the Healthcare & Life Sciences practice in our Chicago office. This practice delivers data-driven and operational solutions to clients in the healthcare industry including Provider, Payer and Biotech/Pharma clients.
Candidates must demonstrate working knowledge of best practice business process improvement techniques, software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, design, testing and documentation), project management methodologies and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts. Candidates should also have Industry knowledge related to the concepts of Disease Management, Product Segmentation, ICD-10/HIPAA 5010, Administrative Simplification and related Healthcare Reform topics.
Managers are responsible for the following 3 key areas:
a) Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and Finance management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
b) Report budget and finances
c) Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to be able to keep project on time as well as QA of work done by the team.
d) Understand the underlying technologies being used on a project to be able to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement a technical development project
e) Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
f) Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
g) On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine interdependencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
a) Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
b) Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
c) Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
d) Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
a) Help initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
b) Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
c) Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
d) Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
· Bachelor of Science degree required with a business or technical focus
· Prior consulting experience in a consulting healthcare practice or in an internal consulting group in a healthcare organization
· 4+ years of hands-on experience as a project manager leading business and technology strategy projects and full lifecycle software implementation projects (CRM, claims systems, EMR, ERP, BI reporting and analytics, SOA, etc…)
· Industry knowledge/experience in disease management, claims, benefits, plan data, product segmentation, healthcare reform and the like
· Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation, custom design and development, database design, and data management within Health IT and health information exchange solutions
· Demonstrated experience managing technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (project plans, scope, time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, risk, etc.)
· Experience with data analytics, processes, systems and technology implementation
· Experience with healthcare data quality standards, data management, and industry compliance and reporting requirements. Experience with Health Informatics a major plus.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
· Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
· Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
· Ability to travel a minimum of 50%+ nationally is required
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.