Requisition ID: 61268
Work Location: Pueblo Chemical Depot – Pueblo, CO. Unescorted access to the Chemical Limited Area candidate must successfully clear National Agency Check (NAC); all employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction site. Eligible Foreign National applicants must possess a US Government issued Green Card and successfully go through a government screening process. Based on project goals and objectives, candidates established within our local community are desirable.
- Organization: BSII
- Location: Pueblo, CO
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Closing Date: 3/6/13
Function as the Plant Design Resident Engineering Lead reporting to the Project Engineer.
- Administers and directs the work of designers/engineers both directly or through subordinates.
- Work includes the administration of drawings/documents for General Arrangements, piping isometrics, pipe supports, and pipe stress analysis calculations.
- Monitors all work for compliance to project standards, applicable codes, contract requirements, quality standards, discipline standards, and accepted engineering and construction practices.
- Plans and schedules all discipline related deliverables in accordance with contract and internal schedule dates.
- Coordinate and review Piping & Valve specifications and material requisitions for all piping and pipe support commodities.
- Coordinate 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related discipline supervisors.
- Estimates staffing and schedule requirements for the discipline, monitors and controls actual performance during project execution.
- Conducts annual performance reviews with discipline team to assess performance and identify development opportunities.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of all work processes involved within the Plant Design discipline.
Salary and grade commensurate with experience and education.
- An accredited Associates degree with a minimum of 11 years of progressive related experience, or in lieu of degree at least 15 years of progressive experience in Plant Design of which 3 years in a Lead or Supervisory role.
- Right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Knowledge of piping codes and standards including ASME B31.3, AISC etc.
- Previous experience in supervision of personnel in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Experience to include supervision on a project having major degree of complexity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a long-term assignment. Hours are from 6:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Previous Engineering Group Supervisor position
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience
During operations, in approximately 2015, this project will be subject to the Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety) which governs persons performing work under the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements such as respirators may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a PRP or UAP position requires US citizenship
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 24 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...