The Staff Network Engineer is responsible for the Planning, Design and Optimization of a next generation IP network. You will collaborate with other team members to define, document and enforce network standards. The candidate will be involved and engaged with direct vendor interaction in pursuit of high availability and stability metrics.
Candidate will portray leadership and professional qualities and occasionally interact with several levels of audiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying network design flaws while creating alterations to address these issues
- Lead in planning and delivery of network design solutions in a timely manner
- Provide 3rd tier escalation support for complex network problems and customer issues, including on-call support
- Development of Vendor and Product RFIs with strong emphasis of lab testing experience to validate those RFIs
- Designing and implementing complex networks consisting of IP, Frame Relay, ATM and Ethernet technologies (EoMPLS like VPLS) with the standard suite of routing protocols(OSPF, BGP and ISIS)
- Designing and implementing BGP policies for multiple ISP transit and peering partners
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of design experience in large scale carrier or service provider environments
- Advanced DSL Aggregation experience in a carrier class environment is a plus
- Broadband VPN
- Experience of networking management tools, Wireshark/TCPdump, Linux, Splat
- Firewall/security experience (access control list (ACL) management, secure remote management practices, IDS, etc
- Detailed understanding of routing redistribution, route maps, policy routing and traffic engineering
- Strong working knowledge in access technologies such as LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS, Multicast (mVPN), RSVP, other traffic engineering tunnels and IP QoS design and deployment in an IP and ATM environment.
- Good understanding of IPv6 and deployment practices of IPv6. Experience in migrating IPv4 networks to IPv6 is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Redback and Alcatel-Lucent IP routing/switching gear is major plus
- Multi-vendor VPN and MPLS network design
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience
EarthLink Inc. - 10 months ago
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...