Takes primary responsibility to collaborate with membership with prolonged mental illness and/or dually diagnosed to develop rehabilitative services to assist them to live, learn, socialize, work and be independent in the community. Advises Assistant Rehabilitation Counselors on daily activities and supports effective performance management. Makes recommendations to Program Coordinator.
Essential Responsibilities and Target Outcomes:
- Coaches and assists client with self advocacy by monitoring and supporting client contact with outside entities (DMHAS, DSS, landlords, Employers, social networks, Other Community Support Providers)
- Completes Departmental Assessment tool with client to achieve an independent and self-sustaining social network.
- Performs outreach to membership to monitor progress and encourage social connection.
- Supports psycho educational and skill building groups with membership.
- Advises Assistant Rehabilitation Counselors on daily activities and supports effective performance management
- Other duties as assigned.
ensuring that they move towards independence
that need input/feedback to service and help client with life challenges
concurrence on client social progress and future direction
Other CMHA Psychosocial Rehabilitation Employees
Critical Work Relationships:
working collaboratively to advise on clients' progress and future direction
CMHA Marketing Dept.
ensure clients receive accesses to community events
Community Transportation Services, Providers of Special Events, Community Support Providers, Legal Representatives, Family Members, Community Crisis Response Program
ensure clients receive needed support
BA or combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Credentials and Licenses:
Must have valid driver's license and be able to obtain a public service license.
Certified in PMT training, First Aid, and CPR. Participate in at least 24 hours of Job Specific training annually.
Community Mental Health Affiliates - 17 months ago