Position: Sales Associate / Sales Development Program
Location: Terre Haute, IN and Cincinnati, OH
Department: Sales and Business Development & Marketing
Reports to: Will vary based on assignment
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: 6% maximum eligibility
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Sales Development Program is an exciting opportunity that will provide the necessary training and experience for an individual to successfully transition into a Sales or Business Development & Marketing position with Ampacet. The program will provide a comprehensive indoctrination program that will include work experience at the Terre Haute, IN and Heath, OH plants, Terre Haute R&D Center and the Cincinnati office.
Sales Development Program Training Summary
Ampacet Product Categories & Regulatory Seminar
Terre Haute production
Heath – color match & blow molding
Molding and Color Theory seminars
A technical or new product development project will be assigned that will provide in-depth insight into our technical and manufacturing resources, and how new development activities can positively impact a customer’s business.
Technical Service - Film
Assigned to appropriate accounts
Technical Service - Molding
Assigned to appropriate accounts
Customer service, credit, scheduling & procurement/purchasing
Professional Selling & Strategic Sales Negotiations Seminar
Upon completing the Sales Development Program the Sales Associate will :
• Be familiar with materials and processes used by our industry
• Develop a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to promote value-added selling
• Be proficient with color and the application of color
• Identify end users and any requirements necessary to penetrate a customer base
• Work closely with technical and manufacturing supporting existing and new customers
• Set up sales calls, follow up business leads and research new customers
• Develop new business relationships and introduce Ampacet’s production capabilities to customers
• Update computer database and effectively communicate progress with customer accounts
• B.S. or B.A. Preferred degrees include packaging or plastics engineering, business, & marketing
• Strong technical proficiency desired
• Excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills
• Proficient computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Demonstrates maturity and leadership
• Willing to relocate anywhere in the US within 1-2 years.
• Sales competencies include: building and maintaining relationships, service oriented, self-starter, teamwork and enterprising
• Personality traits include: tenacity, assertiveness, solution minded, persuasive, ability to handle complexity with confidence
• Aptitude for advancement in the organization
• Strong leadership with demonstrated ability to use key resources to achieve goals
• Must be comfortable prospecting new customers and developing strong business relationships
• Must be aggressive, self-starter and able to function under minimal supervision
Upon completion of the Sales Development Program the candidate must be willing to relocate anywhere in the US, based on staffing needs with Sales or Business Development & Marketing. Relocation assistance is available with this position.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401K and tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
Ampacet Corporation - 18 months ago