This is a franchise job posting,
Assistant Director of Services, Providence Marriott Downtown, Providence RI
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
Assistant Director of Services
To assist the Director of Services in the operation of the housekeeping and laundry areas of the hotel to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
The Housekeeping Manager is a key individual in achieving the goals and quality standards of the Housekeeping Department. The Housekeeping Manager must impact all elements of the department, from standards of cleanliness to associate morale, to budgetary goals, to interdepartmental relations.
* Management Responsibility - Demonstrate strong working knowledge and support of departmental SOPs, hotel LSOPs and overall familiarity with company SOPs. Fulfill the responsibilities of the hotel's MOD program. Portray a professional manner with regard to appearance, behavior, ethics, and compliance with policy. Promote effective people/supervisory skills through reward and recognition as well as progressive discipline, thus ensuring a positive and productive work environment. Develop employees for future promotion within the MeyerJabara system.
* Communications - Communication should be accurate and timely. Use successful communication techniques to ensure staff has a clear understanding of information. This should include an awareness of special needs. Conduct and facilitate effective meetings through established agendas, effective use of time and clear objectives. Prepare clear, legible and concise correspondence, memos, letters, instructions and reports following the correct format. Effective verbal communication will be key.
* Financial Responsibility - Control departmental expenses through effective use of forecast data, proper scheduling, responding to business fluctuations. Control departmental expenses through adherence to purchasing (BuyEfficient and approved Marriott vendors) and requisition procedures, cash and credit policies and overall follow-up to issues that affect profit or loss. As a Department Head, hold a shared responsibility for the overall financial success of the hotel. Make purchase decisions against established supplies and tools pars.
* Human Resources - Be fully aware of all Human Resources SOPs and LSOPs as it pertains to the following: hiring, orientation, training, PA processing, performance appraisals, coaching and counseling. Demonstrate knowledge of company benefit programs. Model strong employee relations qualities by developing teamwork and maintaining high morale, and introducing incentive opportunities to the team. Ensure all Human Resource policies and practices are applied consistently while adhering to all federal, state, and local laws. Promote solid solutions to the Associate Opinion Survey and monitor these action plans. Participate in HR associate planned events. Introduce reward and recognition programs and
* Safety & Security - Be active in the management role of safety and security. Must be versed in all emergency, HAZCOM, OSHA and injury/accident reporting procedures. Implement steps to ensure the safety of the staff, guests and the owner's investments, by being proficient at CPR, alcohol awareness (MOD requirement), first aid and emergency procedures.
* Equipment Knowledge - Demonstrate thorough knowledge of floor care equipment. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all laundry equipment and chemical usage. Ensure an adequate supply of guest requested items by adhering to proper purchasing inventory and control procedures.
* Guest Room Procedures - Responsible for achieving and maintaining quality guest room product according to Marriott standard operating procedures. Ensure daily guest room inspections, including random self-inspector inspections, are conducted and documented taking appropriate corrective action as needed. Evaluate and improve processes as necessary using GSS as a tool, guest comments, inspection trends and GuestWare reports.
* Public Areas - Responsible for achieving and maintaining quality presentation in public areas at all times to include restrooms, telephones, corridors and elevators. Establish public area cleaning schedule and ensure inspections are conducted frequently. Develop appropriate floor care maintenance program according to the type of floor surface.
* Laundry - Establish and maintain laundry production standards. Oversee laundry operation and chemical suppliers to ensure quality linen is achieved within budgetary guidelines. Establish procedures for reclaiming stained linen and authorize any discarded items.
* Uniforms - Responsible for the purchase of Housekeeping and Laundry uniforms in accordance with Marriott uniform specifications.
* Projects/Special Assignments - Develop and implement master cleaning schedules to include general cleaning, shampoo and rotation of mattresses to ensure Marriott cleanliness standards are maintained. Responsible for keeping written documentation on completed tasks. Prepare daily cleaning projects to be assigned to Housekeeping staff.
* Office Administration - Establish, implement and revise opening and closing procedures. Develop and oversee lost and found and key control procedures. Ensure daily assignments are executed by Housekeepers and room status updates and reports are completed in a timely basis.
* Inventories - Accountable for the purchase, control and monthly inventory of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, equipment and linen in accordance with Accounting SOPs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with a percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend hotel budget and profit & loss statements
Knowledge of CPOR costs
Ability to create weekly schedule against forecasted occupancy, and within labor budget
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Working knowledge of housekeeping and laundry departments (operations and impact on other departments)
Ability to speak basic Spanish a plus, but not required
* Minimum two year college degree
Minimum three years management/supervisory experience required in similar size operation or larger
Marriott - 2 years ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...