RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-103 SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
FEBRUARY 7, 2013 (SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT GRANT)
SIG SCHOOLS #33, #37 & #59
POSITION: The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving application
from qualified candidates for:
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER – SIG SCHOOLS #33, #37 & #59
APPLICATION: Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the "APPLY" button below.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree. Priority in the selection of substitute teachers
will be given to qualified Buffalo Public School Substitutes with a valid New York State
Education Department certification.
DUTIES: The SIG Substitute Teacher will provide the following educational assistance:
student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- Providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting
maintain classroom control and discipline.
- Implement teacher lesson plans, assign student class work and homework,
resulting from the day's events.
- Complete a daily report or evaluation to communicate any pertinent information
- Establishing effective working relationships with staff and students is very important.
- Perform other duties assigned by the building Administrator or his/her Administrative
NOTICE: For the benefit of the students and continuity of the SIG Schools, substitute teachers
chosen for this position are expected to serve the remainder of the school year and
work daily at the specific school assigned. Additionally, full days are required.
SALARY: Substitute daily rate based on SUBSTITUTE UNION contract.
FUND #: Pending funding
FOR FILING: FEBRUARY 22, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS