Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Estimator IV Staff
Type of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
- 7+ years of experience in the Engineering or Construction Industry including field/project experience outside the estimating function.
- Must have some expertise in the company sanctioned estimating applications and systems.
- Experience with Oil and Gas projects
- Experience in the Arctic region
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an Estimator IV-Staff to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
- Knowledgeable of the Company estimating systems and processes.
- Understands estimating terminology and measures and recognizes estimating processes/project actions that may impact the project.
- Participates with management in development of strategies and plans.
- Participates in analyzing and using estimations to predict key project issues.
- Assists in the evaluation of business opportunities and potential profitability.
- Understands construction means, methods, and sequences-multiple disciplines.
- Supervises junior staff through task development, establishing and maintaining goals and expectations, and documenting performance related issues and achievements.
- Identifies and develops talent.
- Actively participates in all staffing issues affecting their area of responsibility.
- Assists in tracking action items.
We invite you to take the next step toward
- This is a supervisory/technical specialist position responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the work of subordinates under the direction of a manager or functions as a technical expert.
- Prepares or assist in the preparation of ROIC and IRR forecasts.
- May work directly with contractor to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution.
- Prepares crew build-ups and production rate determinations.
- Determines construction equipment selection.
- Possesses a working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Understands company cost structure (overheads, G&A, insurances).
- Develops Work Breakdown Structures.
- Capable of managing the preparation of an estimate.
- Leads Project Team estimate reviews.
- Evaluates suitability of scope and execution plan for basis of estimate.
- Initiates the preparation of an Estimate Plan (approach, techniques, level of effort, cost, schedule), Basis of Estimate and qualifications.
- Prepares bid tabulations responding to the customer/Request for Proposal requirements.
- Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation.
- Develops current project estimate comparisons with previous performance and market benchmark data.
- Helps prepare information for Executive Review Committee presentations.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...