The Telecommunications Engineer’s role is to support the day to day operations of the firm's voice telecommunications environment. Responsibilities include detailed analysis of service utilization within the firm. The role includes support of MAC requests for all domestic and international offices. Complete comprehensive analysis to troubleshoot and resolve voice related issues in a timely manner. Should adhere to firm policies and meet all SLAs related to support of the voice infrastructure. Research, recommend and implement new technologies for the firm's telecommunications service portfolio. Actively participate in complex project teams and complete all assigned tasks according to plan. Make recommendations to improve procedures and/or services. The role requires Project Management for Telecommunications services and projects as needed.
• Manages a network of IP telephone systems voice mail systems and peripherals along with all related voice applications and services.
• Plans and executes changes to systems and network with hands on programming and vendor coordination.
• Recommend changes to voice network or infrastructure that will size the voice infrastructure effectively..
• Monitor the Telecom queue in the User Support Help Desk to ensure that all Telecom tickets are handled according to SLA.
• Provide assistance to users for questions related to Voice services or policies.
• Manages firm wide relations with local and long distance carriers. Determines service utilization requirements and manages the provision/termination of circuits to maintain an economic and efficient voice network.
• Interface with telecommunications carriers for problem resolution.
• Work with Desktop Services Site Support Staff as needed to support Telecommunication activities in other offices.
• Collaborate with User Support to facilitate process improvement for telecommunications requests/issues and knowledge transfer on voice technology capabilities.
• Provide assistance with problem resolution for cable/wiring issues in the environment as needed.
• Act as Project Leader in support projects related to new technology, implementations and expense analysis.
• Provide documentation for all voice systems, procedures, and services.
• Measure and monitor PSTN, SIP and license information to assure the appropriate numbers are deployed.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in the Telecommunications field.
• Strong hands on knowledge of Carrier services. Detailed understanding of Customer Service Records and billing procedures.
• Experience with project management for office openings, carrier installations and development of expense validation and processing
• Extensive experience managing Vendor contract relationships
• Working knowledge of administration of the PBX and Voice Mail Systems.
• Proven experience with wiring and cable plant infrastructures, implementation and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with basic LAN/WAN concepts including TCP/IP networks and SIP protocol is preferred.
• Familiarity with IP PBX, ACD, Avaya Blue CS1K, Session Mgr. and System Mgr preferred.
• Displays good judgment and time management skills
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong team skills
• Strong project management skills
• Experience working in a multi-office environment
• Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
• Must be a self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content.
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• Ability to work in a teamwork/collaborative style and environment.
• Must be creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
• Must be a team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
• Ability to organize, plan and carry out multiple related activities.
• Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-office environment.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray - 14 months ago