Provide leadership and expertise to AOG Coordinators with respect to urgent parts requests. Perform other activities in support of Materials Services department objectives, to include transacting on behalf of the Materials Coordinators and Repair Coordinators, as requested. Assist AOG, to the extent possible; fulfill parts requests in a timely manner and at the lowest possible cost. This position will act as back-up for Airbus purchasing as well as fill in for vacation coverage etc. for AOG Coordinators.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Oversee the procurement of parts and materials for specific aircraft and stations made by the AOG Coordinators.
- This position will be the first line of contact for AOG Coordinators that need assistance.
- Assure requests are appropriately submitted: clear and complete with regard to primary and alternate part numbers, with all necessary information provided, including deadlines.
- See that AOG coordinators procure the parts and/or materials needed in the optimal manner: transfer, expedite from repair, borrow, purchase or exchange
- Monitor Deferred Maintenance Item report to ensure that parts are available to clear any issues prior to due dates.
- Utilize and make available financial analysis that justifies purchase decisions
- Determine preferred vendors for common purchases
- Assist Materials Coordinators with materials purchases for Airbus fleet.
- Will need to work the occasional alternate shift to cover vacations and or sick leave.
- When not responding to urgent needs, perform tasks as assigned as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure that parts provided used by Allegiant are on the approved maintenance provider list and / or notify the Quality Assurance Department to update.
- Track loans/borrowed items to ensure they are returned to the appropriate provider in a timely manner to minimize cost.
- Responsible for the preparation and shipment of COMAT in accordance with the procedures defined in Allegiant’s General Maintenance Manual and the HAZMAT Program.
- Responsible for inputting data into Allegiant’s computerized inventory control program.
- Purchasing, borrowing parts/materials for AOG or critical aircraft at or below fair market value.
- Responsible for purchasing, repair and storage of spare parts in accordance with the procedures defined in Allegiant’s General Maintenance Manual.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
AOG Coordinators and Buyers
The position’s primary responsibility is to support the Maintenance Department with respect to aircraft repair and servicing activities. Primary interaction is with AOG Coordinators, Maintenance Control and Line Maintenance. To assure the department’s objectives are achieved, must maintain close communication with the Purchasing Manager and Materials Coordinators. Externally, the position may interact with purchase vendors, contract maintenance providers and freight companies.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Strong verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and five (5) year pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
High School Diploma or GED required, college degree preferred. F amiliarity with aviation maintenance, finance, accounting and statistics desirable.
Two years’ experience with aviation purchasing/materials management and/or previous inventory or administrative experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Open cubicle office environment.
Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.