Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
- Provide disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
- Adhere to the Store Manager scheduling requirements (weekly exceptions must be approved by the District Manager):
- Minimum of 2 nights per week
- Minimum of 2 weekends per month scheduled during peak hours (e.g., Friday night, Saturday mid-day through evening, Sunday)
- Follow the Playbook and the Weekly Walk processes to develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
- Execute customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction, Survey data and verbatim comments.
- Select, develop and manage performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecard, retention, internal promotions, training completion, and associate survey results.
- Attract, hire and on-board store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
- Execute the client’s (brand/business) plan consistently across all departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback.
- Consistently deliver acceptable compliance scores as measured by District Manager in the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools.
- Focus and invest time on customer facing activities and processes.
- Ensure the store is operationally certified and every associate is certified to do his/her job.
- Monitor and proactively address outliers, e.g., customer satisfaction, sales, controllable costs, profit, margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan and/or established standards.
- Embed the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
- Create and maintain a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
- Expect and inspect core processes and “clean and bright” standards.
- Expect and inspect execution of client’s merchandising and operating plans.
- Provide first person coaching on the execution of action plans based on daily department walks, Customer Satisfaction Survey learnings, customer verbatims, and customer interactions.
- Be the customer advocate and surface opportunities to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
- Teach, model and lead ways to satisfy customers, find ways to say yes, e.g., helpful associates, complaint resolution, Store to Web.
- Leadership and People
- Personally support, coach and develop team members, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
- Facilitate dialogue between front-line associates and the store leadership team.
- Focus the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over the top customer service and associate pride.
- Build a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
- Lead and embed the new normal (changes resulting from transformation initiatives) and drive Retail Services plans/projects using common enterprise-wide tools, processes and language. (No store programs.)
- Understand, lead, and embed a standardized operating model that will earn preferred provider status in every store.
- Rigorously inspect compliance with our operating model for consistency across all departments.
- Execute and support the client’s plan utilizing compliance score cards/audits to measure store execution and honor client commitments.
- Ensure that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Create a selling culture that will meet/exceed clients’ sales plans.
- Lead and monitor store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and POS reductions.
- Achieve all miscellaneous income plans, e.g., smart plans, protection agreements, new account generation.
- Achieve controllable cost plans and identify and communicate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Communicate opportunities and solutions that will allow clients to meet/exceed profit plans.
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Provide clients with fact-based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, transition/exit strategies, etc.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to measure and achieve desired outcomes and address outlier opportunities.
- Consistently provide a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of roles or responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in retail or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Ability to relocate through OK is required.
- Extensive knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Availability to work during critical retail timeframes including Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers.
- Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups and achieve results.
- Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Sears Holdings Corp. - 8 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...