A Penske Technician III is an entry-level technician position that will perform minor component repair or replacement and assist with the removal, replacement, and repair of major components.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Second Shift position
- Remove, replace or adjust the following with some supervision: Brakes (air and hydraulic), Fifth wheel, Minor electrical repairs, Cab components and accessories, Minor trailer maintenance such as doors, wheel seals etc
- Perform all aspects of preventive maintenance on vehicles as trained
- Perform other mechanical repairs and replacements as directed/assisted by Technician I, II, -Lead Technician or Supervisor as part of overall training
- All customer service duties as necessary
- Pick up and delivery of vehicles
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
- 1-2 year of practical experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Careers In Gear
- 4 years ago - save job