Member Services Department Head-BUR00647
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the Member Services department including Front Desk, Account Services and Activity Center desks and adult programming (racquetball, squash, basketball, etc.). All activities directly support member retention.
Deliver the highest quality customer service to all members and guests through professional greetings, account maintenance, and extensive knowledge of all Life Time products and services. Ensure team members proactively meet the needs of members, placing (selling) members into programs and services, accurately answer questions and actively promote all activities and programs by having a complete understanding of the activities by working with peer managers and developing relationships with members, anticipating ways to enhance the Life Time partnership with our members. Take a leadership role in the Daily Huddles to ensure each new member is completely connected to their area(s) of interest. Operate adult programs successfully meeting financial goals and exceeding member expectations. All aspects of this job directly impact revenue, member retention and overall customer service. Upholds the Life Time Mission and Vision.
- Handle members efficiently at all member service desks, setting an energetic, helpful and friendly tone for the club consistent with the Mission.
- Responsible for overall member satisfaction. Establish genuine relations with, and connect all members to their interests groups by actively engaging the members in their areas of interest, participating in club activities and extensive knowledge of the club. Responsible in particular for new members not being fully connected to the club by a Member Engagement Advisor or Department Head.
- Communicate proactively with members engaging them in all programs and interest groups via in-person, web, individual and email communication.
- Ensure all team members initiate, develop and maintain personalized relationships with members, adding value to the memberships through educated conversations.
- Ensure all team members provide accurate information on programs, products, and services.
- Create an environment for robust adult programs, catering to the local club members by ensuring member awareness, connecting like-minded members and developing creative game opportunities.
- Responsible for space utilization optimization and assisting in success of the 5 major all club events.
Sales & Promotion:
- Market, promote, and sell programs and services throughout the club using approved marketing materials, relationship selling and processes to increase participation. Partner with Member Engagement Advisors, Fitness and Kids Activities managers in particular, along with interest group leads to promote programs.
Financial & Budgetary:
- Develop a monthly business plan working with other DHs, especially the Fitness and Activities managers and communicate to General Manager.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly and annual department budget.
- Monitor payroll at all member service desks (Front Desk, Account Services and Activity Center), taking corrective action as necessary to ensure labor costs are within the budget while adjusting staffing due to seasonal needs.
- Ensure Front Desk and Activity Center cash drawers are properly balanced each day.
Managerial & Supervisory:
- Recruit, interview, hire and oversee training of new Member Service team members (Front Desk Member Service staff, Member Service Specialists at the Activity Center, basketball league coordinator and racquetball/squash coordinator/pro).
- Established as one of the primary leaders in the club.
- Continually communicate and train team members on programs and schedules.
Oversee Member Services Assistant in scheduling team members (Front Desk, Account Services and Activity Center).
Observe and evaluate services provided to members at the Front Desk, Account Services, Activity Center and adult programming.
- Assess individual performance, provide feedback, and recognition to team members.
Facilitate department meetings and trainings for all member services staff, and include the Business Administrator in the meetings.
Ensure cleanliness and presentation of the department and programs by conducting daily audits.
-Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Four-year college degree
- 7 to 10 years managerial experience
- 7 to 10 years customer service experience
- 7 to 10 years experience in event coordination and program planning and management
- Significant experience outside Life Time is strongly preferred
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- CPR/AED certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics :
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills
- Ability to originate innovative ideas
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to collect and analyze data to make accurate decisions
- Ability to effectively build teams
- Ability to foster a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to make decisions easily and quickly
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to work a variety of work schedules
- Ability to operate a personal computer and point of sale software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Primary Location: : IL-Burr Ridge - BRG - Burr Ridge
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Shift: Day Job
Life Time Fitness - 19 months ago