Job ID #: 21155
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : Yes
Position Overview: Technology Operations Manager, Oracle
Expedia is in the process of implementing our financial systems transformation project which includes the implementation of Oracle E- Business Suite (EBS) R12 core modules: Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Receivables, Purchasing, Payables, Fixed Assets and General Ledger. We are looking for a dynamic leader to propel our team of business analysts throughout this program. The desired skills for the ideal candidate include a deep functional knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and/ or Record to Report business processes.
The primary function of this role is to serve as the Operations Manager for the Oracle Program at Expedia and provide support for our global instance of Oracle EBS. The Operations Manager will lead a team of production staff responsible for end-user/ application support, build and deploy activities, release management, and operations project management. Oracle EBS modules\ functions implemented and required to support include: Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Receivables, Advanced Collections, Payables, Purchasing, Payments, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Subledger Accounting, Advanced Pricing, Cash Management, XML Publisher, Inventory, Approvals Management, EBTax, Advanced Global Intercompany System and Trading Community Architecture.
The work requires broad and deep expertise in Oracle EBS application technology, current business processes, leading practices and application integration to direct the implementation of our new Oracle EBS platform. The individual must possess strong leadership capabilities, communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and have a desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external stakeholders.
The Corp IT team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia’s employees and partners to perform their roles every day and run the company. You would be a critical part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our employee and partner experience across web and mobile platforms, empowering thousands of employees and partners to work and deliver every day. We are passionate and relentless in our drive to provide great tools for collaboration and a robust back office suite of mission critical applications.
In this role the Operations Manager will:
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Maintain the health and well-being of assigned systems.
- Troubleshoot application issues, engage appropriate parties, and drive through to resolution.
- Own support capacity and scalability models.
- Provide input for system capacity and scalability models.
- Maintain Pre-Production environments.
- Generate and present metrics, reports, and define and distribute SLA’s.
- Document and fine-tune team processes.
- Oversee and manage individual contributor staff; including providing objective, articulate feedback on their performance; and ensuring their ongoing training and development.
- Create and distribute regular status for the team to Management.
- Stay abreast of technology advancements bringing focus to those that will benefit Expedia.
- Participate in department planning and staff forecasting.
- Make recommendations on specific aspects of the operating and strategic plans of the function or unit at the next highest organization level.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives.
- Interact with direct reports, customers, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
Core Competencies :
- BS in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or a similar degree.
- 2+ years of experience and proven success as a systems operations or engineering manager with a track record of on time project delivery.
- 5 + years of experience implementing and/or supporting Oracle Financials (recent R12 experience required) in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment.
- 3+ full life-cycle Oracle implementations (required).
- Advanced degree MBA and/or CPA certification preferred.
About Expedia, Inc.
- Possess global implementation expertise in a global environment.
- Strong understanding of business architecture methodologies and process modeling in a large organization across multiple functional units.
- Extensive background in implementing and optimizing Oracle EBS Financial suite.
- Deep knowledge of the Oracle EBS R12 application architecture including integrations and executions, technology and toolsets.
- Experience in application globalization.
- Must possess ability to understand highly complex and custom developed systems.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to balance tactical objectives of speed, simplicity and agility with broader scope and long range strategic objectives.
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- Customer focused and flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 19 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...