Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing. We help children and adults to learn, business people to make good decisions, and readers to wise up or wind down with a good book. Our businesses fuel the growing demand for effective education and high-quality information in the global knowledge economy, and share a common goal: to help people get on in their lives through education.
With 37,000 employees based in more than 60 countries, we aim to serve the citizens of our brain-based economy wherever and whenever they are learning - old or young, at home or school or work, in any pursuit, anywhere.
Pearson is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO) and in 2009 we had sales of £5,624m and operating profit of £858m.
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in electronic testing for regulatory and certification boards, providing a full suite of services from test development to test delivery to data management. Pearson VUE offers exams through the world's largest network of test centers in 162 countries, providing testing services for information technology, academic, government and professional clients.
The Company's innovative technology offers the highest levels of security and program control, while its commitment to service provides clients and individual test takers with an unmatched testing experience.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Pearson VUE is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant in the Content Development Department. The Editorial Assistant will support
Content Developers and team in the performance of their duties in creating and maintaining exam pool databases, preparing for content development meetings, creating and publishing exams, and the collecting and reporting of data related to the team's activities. A primary responsibility is the timely completion of detailed quality control tasks for ensuring that exams deployed to the field meet content and functionality specifications and are error-free.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position. The Test Edit Specialist receives work assignments and direction from all content specialists, senior content specialists, and the mgr, content development. Work performed is directly related to the integrity of the content during the test development process and ultimately on forms that are published to the field.
There is high impact of the exam deployment quality control tasks performed in this position on the business interests of the company. Any error in completely and accurately verifying the build and functionality of each exam deployed to the field against standard checklists presents a possible litigious situation and a resulting risk to the company in terms of financial redress and harm to the company's standing in the industry.
The quality of tasks that support other aspects of the content development process could affect the timing and quality of the content development editors'''''''' tasks.
1. 20 % Perform established quality control tasks in support of timely publication of exams.
2. 5 % Perform database maintenance and query tasks.
3. 5 % Perform exam build and content review tasks in support of new form builds.
4. 55 % Support content development team in setting up meetings and completing reports.
5. 5 % Proofread content in various platforms and files, i.e., database system, word documents, EXCEL documents.
6. 5 % Review and refine items to make their formats consistent with accepted psychometric principles and Pearson VUE's item writing conventions.
7. 5 % Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience as test developer, proofreader, copywriter, or related course work required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proofreading and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a demanding, goal-oriented environment.
- Organizational ability, initiative and attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Pearson Education - 3 years ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...