The Site Auditor will provide professional site auditing services to gather and communicate the necessary structural and electrical information to the SolarCity design team for the preparation of permit ready documents to facilitate the installation of solar electric and energy efficiency systems.
- Complete the physical site audit (PV and EE) and create designs utilizing a Tablet PC and all associated auditing software, measuring devices, Solmetric equipment, digital camera, PPE, and tools/equipment needed to access the electrical equipment, roof tops, attics, and crawl spaces.
- Establish a safe working environment by evaluating the worksite, and identifying and addressing all the potential hazards associated with the scope of work to be preformed. This requires extensive knowledge of OSHA’s fall protection regulations, completion of SolarCity’s Fall Protection training program, and proper use and maintenance of all PPE.
- Maintain a strong relationship with SolarCity’s Engineering Department and HQ throughout the design stage to ensure a speedy design and stay up to date on the most current auditing procedures.
- Education and/or Experience : Experience in the solar photovoltaic industry is recommended. Bachelors Degree and on the job training in a discipline related to construction, engineering, or architecture preferred.
- Language Skills : The ability to understand, read and speak the English language. Ability to read and comprehend structural and electrical designs and specifications. Ability to stay organized and maintain project records. This position requires above average written and oral skills to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with clients.
- Mathematical Skills : The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to develop basic formulas typically used and commuted in the construction industry.
- Computer Skills : Requires proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and data base management functions on a laptop computer. AutoCAD experience is a plus. Ability to learn SolarCity’s proprietary software and basic knowledge of computer maintenance is required.
- Technical Skills : The ability to draw legibly the basic layout for a house and roof system. The ability to read plans, measuring devices, diagrams, equipment submittals and material safety data sheets. Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods, materials practices and residential electrical systems is a plus.
- Reasoning Ability : The ability to apply commonsense to the site audit process in written, oral and diagrammatical form. Ability to evaluate complications with the design and reason with the Client, SolarCity’s Engineering Dept and the Assistant Auditor to resolve issues. Ability to assemble and analyze factual information for the purpose of developing proposed course of action and comprehensive solutions to problems.
- Leadership : The ability to lead a team and delegate tasks accordingly in order to perform the functions of a Site Auditor.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Provide and maintain a current Driver’s License to safely operate a company vehicle. Preferred Bachelors Degree, Completion of SolarCity’s internal safety training.
- Experience with and understanding of energy efficiency systems and equipment a plus.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 40+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
SolarCity - 10 months ago
Ready to get off the grid? SolarCity can help. The company sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert...