Alm Risk Consultant 4
The QRM Operations group is looking for a highly motivated individual with significant modeling experience and analytical skills to support the development and testing of our Interest Rate and Liquidity Risk Models. This position will support the modeling of the Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) and Liquidity Reporting & Analytics (LAR) groups. Both of these teams are part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance.
The ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company s balance sheet behavior and has the primary responsibility of measuring interest rate risk and designing risk management strategies. The LAR Group is responsible for analysis and management of liquidity risk across the enterprise. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and add value to interest rate and liquidity risk management practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing various QRM modeling processes required to facilitate risk analyses
- Acting as technical expert on highly complex quantitative modeling and analyses
- Ensuring the integrity and continuity of the modeling process through change control, cross-training, reviewing assumptions and testing strategies
- Assist in the development, design, implementation and modification of complex financial models for business analysis and financial reporting
- Contributing as required to broader departmental objectives that may include:
- participating in broader ad hoc analytical projects across the Treasury organization
- explaining balance sheet performance under a variety of interest rate scenarios
Other duties may include: performing the most complex quantitative risk analyses to measure the company s Asset/liability Management (ALM) economic exposure, or expected earnings volatility, in support of management decision-making. Duties may include: integrating analyses of multiple businesses balance sheet performance and risk exposures to present the company s aggregate risk profile; evaluating alternative hedge strategies to mitigate market risk exposures and ad-hoc analyses for senior management; directing improvements to asset-liability management models and overseeing testing and implementations of recommended changes; performing highly complex analyses to support due diligence in mergers and acquisitions; developing performance monitoring and benchmarks to improve asset-liability management analytics at both a corporate and business unit level; developing tools and templates used for interest rate risk analysis at both a corporate and business unit level; and providing direction to less experienced analysts and serving as a leader on key strategic projects.
In addition to an outstanding analyst with problem-solving skills, we are looking for an individual who thrives in a development environment and will take ownership of the assigned processes to ensure the ongoing success of the team.
6+ years experience in the anaylsis of asset liability management.
- Experience with asset/liability management software, especially QRM
- Knowledge of financial institution balance sheets and the impacts of interest rate risk and liquidity practices
- Experience forecasting and analyzing net interest income & balance sheet behavior
- Demonstrated quantitative, critical thinking and leadership, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Master's degree and/or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) professional certification
- ALM modeling experience
- Experience evaluating interest rate and/or liquidity risk at a large financial institution
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo's balance sheet/product offerings
- Ability to communicate in an articulate and clear spoken manner with various business and technology partners
- Ability to prepare succinct and understandable presentations on highly technical and complex subjects
- Hyperion Essbase and SQL
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...