About Banner Desert Medical Center
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Ariz., Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona’s largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVinci® Surgical System. Our commitment to innovative, compassionate care enabled us to be named to the 2009 Community Value Index® Five-Star hospitals list.
About Cardon Children's Medical Center
If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children’s Medical Center on the campus of Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology – including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery – to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
- Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
- Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
- Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
- Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
- Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
- Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 21 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.