This position engineers, designs, composed components for production, and other mechanical systems. This position is also responsible for leading a team of workers to meet production schedule and standards in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees, directing work, assisting with complaints and resolving problems.
• Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
• Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company's HSE policies.
• Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Leads team to meet production schedule and standards.
• Ensures care and safety of employees.
• Trains or coaches employees.
• Ensures employees adhere to company rules and regulations.
• Assures employee have parts and prints to perform duties.
• Creates or reviews schematics.
• Specifies components.
• Prepares product specifications.
• Generates Bills of Materials.
• Prepares work & test instructions.
• Documents the project.
• Supports fabrication.
• Submits documentation for Regulatory Body Certification (where applicable).
• Provides technical support.
• Assists drafters in developing the design of products.
• Performs the design, layout, testing and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
• Performs product development activities including designs, interprets and implements of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
• Provides existing product line support in design activities and /or modification of hardware in production.
• Conducts engineering studies and may assign work to technical drafting staff.
• May assign work.
• Promptly reports issues to management.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university preferred; preferably in Mechanical Engineering; with Five years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
• Ability to use CAD software required.
• Ability to use MRP systems preferred.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to perform structural analysis using the basic concepts of "Allowable Stress Design"
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to create schematics, bills of material, specifications, customer and manufacturing documentation.
• Excellent communication with people at all levels of the organization.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in order to manage multiple projects.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Cameron - 18 months ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...