drugstore.com, inc. is a leading online provider of health, beauty, wellness, personal care, vision and pharmacy solutions. Located on the Internet at www.drugstore.com , the drugstore.com™ Web store sells health, beauty, wellness, personal care, sexual well-being and pharmacy products. The online store provides a convenient, private, and informative shopping experience that encourages consumers to purchase products essential to healthy, everyday living. Currently - we are hiring a Logistics Analyst.
As a Logistics Analyst at drugstore.com you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of transportation for drugstore.com’s family of stores. You will be expected to communicate directly with our various transportation providers to ensure cost effective and timely delivery of shipments across all different modes of transportation. You will regularly interact with drugstore.com’s distribution centers & sourcing teams to manage the handoffs between buying, fulfillment and transportation.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with little supervision and have a passion for process improvement and customer service. This position will report directly to the Director of Logistics
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage weekly truckload moves of customer packages to various injection points within carrier networks
- Act as a subject matter expert for other departments on ad hoc transportation requests
- Measure weekly cost and service level data
- Proactively research new transportation providers in an consistent effort to improve service to our customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve various transportation issues as they arise.
- MS Office 2007 experience to include Access
- Basic understanding of import/export compliance issues
- Understanding of TL and LTL terminology and cost drivers
- Problem Solver
- Communication skills
- Project Management
Education and/or Experience
drugstore.com is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. AA/EOE
- BA/BS Degree preferably in Supply Chain
- 1-2 years experience in transportation management
- E-Commerce experience preferred